PDA

View Full Version : Website: illusionOfLife website

illusionOfLife
08-17-2003, 12:29 AM
I am wondering if I can get some serious critique of my website layout and the images found within.

Anything you like or dislike, images you'd like to see more of, images you think are weak or need to be discarded.

I am currently job hunting and need some external perspective as to my site.

I ask that you do not download my demo reel or the Dish Network commercial to conserve bandwidth (unless you are an employer looking for an artitst). I will find a hosting area elsewhere that has more bandwidth and ask for critique on those later. The Ford Focus commercial link on my projects page is hosted elsewhere.

http://www.brianweaver.com

Thanks for your time and consideration!

iol

barcode
08-17-2003, 04:42 AM
Some ideas, mainly on the layout of the site:

Have a home button on the top and bottom of all the pages (other than the home page obviously) so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get back.

Have a title at the top of each of the page like you have on the 'Projects...' page (I would get rid of those 3 periods after Projects also). This is helpful so the user always knows where they are.

I didn't see a demo reel break down to accompany the reel. If you already have one, you might make it more clear where it is. You could make the demo reel button on the main page take you to a page with a link to the reel and the break down (or a link to it).

You might consider putting the reel up in more than one file format (Quicktime, and WMV would be the only other formats I would bother with).

It would make navigation of the pages faster if you put a small link bar on each of the sub pages so you didn't have to go back to the home page in order to look at the other pages.

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.