PDA

View Full Version : how do I get stuff from comp to vhs

JacobB
05-17-2002, 09:55 AM
hello all, I know that vhs is going to be obsolete in a few years but I was wondering how I can hook my comp up to be able convert my reel on my comp to a vhs copy in the comfort of my own home for the cheapest price????????

ZrO-1
05-17-2002, 02:19 PM
There are a few ways that can be done, but the easiest and cheapest way is to have a graphics card that has an s-video or RCA video out port built on it. Some cards that have that connecter are the ATI all in wonder series, many of the GeForce 3 + 4 Ultra series, and a few of the Quadro series. I'm sure there are more, but those are what pop into my head first.

The way you use it is you hook the s-vid/rca port on the card up to the video in port on the VCR. You then hook up the audio out (speaker) port on your sound card to the audio in port on the VCR. Last thing you do is open your display properties window on your computer and set it to use the s-vid/rca port instead of the HD-15 port. Often the display properties program will have something like TV and Monitor as the two options.

So now you are basically ready to record, but one extra thing you need to do is to hook up a TV to the video out and audio out ports on the VCR. That way you can see and hear what you are doing since your monitor and speakers for the computer will be off.

JacobB
05-17-2002, 05:41 PM
thnaks buddy, you rock!!!!!!!!!!
:airguitar :airguitar :airguitar :airguitar :airguitar :airguitar :airguitar

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.