PDA

View Full Version : Mayabatch overexposes scene on different computer


wolverine
11-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Hi...

I have a scene with 'mia_exposure_photographic' as a lens shader on my camera. It render all fine in Render View.. and it renders fine as well when I do a mayabatch.. However if I load that same file on another computer and try to batch render it, all my resulting images are overexposed to a state where it's nearly not usable..

Anyone have a clue why this happens ?

G!

phix314
11-05-2009, 07:54 AM
First question is does the camera have the same shader? Did you try reconnecting? Did you adjust the framebuffer? Same version?

I've had some problems with render settings/nodes disappearing. Dunno why, but it sometimes happens.

wolverine
11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
It's a saved scene so everything is the same.

I have 15 cameras in the scene of which only 1 is renderable and 1 tonemapping lens shader in the scene thats connected to all the cameras.

Frame buffer is at default gamma 1.0... Hmm come to think of it.. The only difference I can think of is that the other machine is running 2009, not 2009 SP1a

syna
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you have light profiles in your lights?

wolverine
11-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I do... Hmm yeah.. those are local.. . .. ..
MR doesn't report any errors on that though..
Either way.. it would make sense.. Checkin'..

syna
11-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah.. those are local :)
Hope it works.

qrichardson
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
is it displaying overexposed if rendered on the other machine but displayed on your "correct" machine?

wolverine
11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Problem solved.. Thank you very much... It was the Light Profiles that it couldn't find!!
Why those don't work relative to the project (like file nodes) is beyond me.. For now I'm just happy this worked out.. thanx a million :)

Cheers,
G!

phix314
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
It's a saved scene so everything is the same.


Glad you got your problem fixed, but in response to this, I've gotten instances where the same scene on 2 computers has come back "wrong" due to nodes becoming mysteriously, well, not there. Just checkin' the obvious :)

wolverine
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
To add more to this thread.. After making the mistake with the lightprofile paths 'again'!!.. I noticed that all nodes on the farm were working at half staff.. It's not like it's not using all 4 cores.. it's more like it's using only half the power. So.. You get a 'bad' render at 'twice' the rendertime :|... I hope they fix this in the next update.

Cheers,
G!

PS. I gotta start working on the same network drive as the farm!!.. Or a mounted drive letter or something !!

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.