PDA

View Full Version : VFX - Wine Glass Shatter

Dreamie
11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi all,

Here is a test I've just did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWrtXA_wvK8
http://www.vimeo.com/7390713

I used rayfire for the bigger chunks and a pflow setup for the smaller.

GarenMuln
11-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Ohh that was awesome! Great job!

I loved the realism of all the pieces, and the glass texture was very well done!

Also the bullet time effect was great... the sound effect topped it all off! :D

Great work!

- |EW| ąJedi∙Joelą

wybl
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
That was sick! The sound was indeed way cool. Any tips on how you did it? Handmodelled chunks?

Dreamie
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Thank you both. :)

wybl: Yes I really enjoy editing and tweaking sound too, maybe it's time for a career change after all those years. lol
As for tips, pretty much the whole process is described in my youtube comments so be sure to check there. There's nothing too complicated there. The chunks aren't hand modeled, it's fractured by rayfire set by demolish geometry which start fragmenting on collision.

Jeremydjutras
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
very nice. In these types of projects, he "cg-ness" is usually given away when the objects come to a stop, but your work here is great, I believed it the whole time through, the glass settles nicely. good work.

FrizzleFry0
11-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Great job with the dynamics and rendering. The momentum of the fall to create the shatter seems like I'd expect the top side of the glass to continue moving down instead of holding it's height so long, but it could just be an effect from the slo-mo work. Keep up the good work! :buttrock:

mir-vadim
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice demolition man. Thanks for sharing your results. :)

Dreamie
11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks all.
Mir, This of course wouldn't be done so fast without rayfire so thank you for this awesome tool.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.