PDA

View Full Version : Fluids and Dynamic Fields

justverydifferent
11-04-2009, 05:08 AM
I've been doing quite a bit of work with fluids in maya for an explosion effect, and just haven't been able to get fields interacting with my effects.

The main ones I've been trying to connect are Volume Axis and Gravity. To no effect though. I must be doing something wrong or overlooking something simple. :/

Calibrix
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum. Fluids have built in gravity so you don't need to add another gravity field. Fluids will interact with dynamics fields in the same way the particles and rigid bodies do. Just select your fluid shape and create a Volume Axis. To make sure that your fields are connected you can go to Window>Relationships>Dynamic Relationships. Select your fluid and make sure it's connected to your field. If your field still has no effect try increasing the magnitude to some ridiculous value to test it. Also turn you attenuation from 1 to 0. This will make the field constant instead of falling off as it reaches it's bounding box.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.