PDA

View Full Version : help a noob! modeling

deadbeatLife
11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
hi, im new here , 1st post. this forum looks pretty cool. im new to max. about a month in to studying. im trying to model a lantern that is box shaped but has small curve shaped holes in the sides to let the light through. i didnt want to use boolean as it creates mess on the model... well at least when i use it!

so i draw the cutouts (corners and bezier) and a rectangle around (1side of the box) convert to spline, attach all and extrude the spline by 0.5cm and it looks good. but when i convert to poly to continue modeling ive got a mess. each one of the cutout shapes has a segment leading off to the edge of the box. ive tried a few time making sure to weld all my verts working only in front so everythings square but always the same.

is there anything i need to know about extruding bezier. i wont see my tutor till next week so i wud really appriciate any help. i want to make a nice model of this lamp. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.