PDA

View Full Version : HD renders white

rochre26
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Hello world,

I've got two scenes that I'm trying to render out for online at 720p. Some render layers use maya software and some use mental ray.

I was able to render out animations for the Offline of our show at 640x480 just fine. When trying to create the final animations I test render and get first a yellow screen and then a white screen.

I'm using 2k9 on an hp 8400 with a quadro 256mb video card and 4 gigs of ram. I would say its a memory problem but just last month I rendered out a 17 sec animation at 1080p.

The two scenes I'm rendering have nothing in common that I can think of.

Please say this sounds familiar to someone?

Thanks for you time.

rochre26
11-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I created a new scene without mayatomr loaded and was able to render a 720p image. So why is mental ray giving me problems at this resolution even when I use Maya Software or Hardware?

Also, I can't unload mayatomr in the problem scene as I get a message saying that a bunch of nodes are in use. I tried deleting all the mental ray shaders I used but the problem persists.

Hmmmm.

coccosoids
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I created a new scene without mayatomr loaded and was able to render a 720p image. So why is mental ray giving me problems at this resolution even when I use Maya Software or Hardware?

Also, I can't unload mayatomr in the problem scene as I get a message saying that a bunch of nodes are in use. I tried deleting all the mental ray shaders I used but the problem persists.

Hmmmm.

So does the scene render in maya software? You can always export and import...
Did you enable some verbosity to see if mental ray reports any 'catastrophic failures'...
etc, etc... You really give us nothing to hook our deductive talents on.

rochre26
11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
So does the scene render in maya software? You can always export and import...
Did you enable some verbosity to see if mental ray reports any 'catastrophic failures'...
etc, etc... You really give us nothing to hook our deductive talents on.

Sorry. I'm a bit of a neophyte and I overlooked something so obvious I'd rather not go into it.

Thanks for your letting me waste your time though.

rochre26
11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
The problem was that when I rendered at 720 it wouldn't show up in the Render View but the image was stored in the tmp folder of the images folder. When I opened the image in Fcheck I could view it fine. Not sure what it is that caused this.

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.