PDA

View Full Version : Gazza's New Showreel

Gazzamataz
11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Well I have been busy reworking some of my Animation Mentor stuff and adding some other bits to my showreel. So I thought I would unleash it on everybody for some feedback. Please take a look (it's in QuickTime format BTW).

Gazza's New Showreel (http://www.gazzamataz.com/movies/Gazza_Reel.mov)

InDyJones12
11-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Youve got some really diverse stuff here, thats good! on some of your animation tests though with the crazy sound effects... the crazy sound effects really distract from the animation itself. for instance on the horse trot, with the sound of hooves on the gravel, that immediately made me watch the feet to see if they were in sync instead of the animation. i would suggest laying some music over those animations and getting rid of the sound FX.
- But as critique for the whole reel, it seems you need to pay attention more to weight. dont be affraid to employ squash and stretch to your characters! the most notable ones are the ironing scene, and the heavy object excersize. The jumping in the ironing scene could really use sqash and stretch, and the heavy object exc. the lift is really believable but your walking is really choppy, at the end the ball almost seems to loose about 50 pounds. :/ But at the end, your walk cycles seem really good! theyre full of personality! your AM stuff is entertaining also

hope that helped!

Abazaba
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
ill second the above post. most of it feels floaty, and the dialogue could use some tighter moving holds, and snappier movement. id also take out the plane and tank shots, as the animation really doesnt show off much. specially the plane, it feels like its flying way too slow.

Gazzamataz
11-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for those comments peeps - much apprecaited.

Squash n' Stretch, hmmm… Did that at AM but I never really used it much though it made things too cartoony. But used subtlety I am sure it will make a difference.

Looks like weight lifter and ironing man need some more work along with the soundtrack!

Back to the computer :-)

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.