PDA

View Full Version : Instanced particles redering problem

Tornado7
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi guys, I have some instanced rock particles that are generated when other particles hit a ground geometry which is an almost flat plane and I have a camera motion from left to right, as you can see in the following mov file (the plane is not visible becuase it's just used as collision plane).
As you can see in the mov file the small rocks tend to disappear and appear again during the animation creating a very bad flickering effect and I can't understand the reason of this behavior...any help or suggestion is very welcome ;)

http://www.francesco-puccini.it/debris_pass.mov

Wick3dParticle
11-03-2009, 05:01 PM
This may be a silly question, but have you properly cached your particles? If you have, make sure that the project is properly set.

~Ilan

mandark1011
11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
are you using a network to render the rocks?
I did a shot that had vegetables being eaten and instanced chunks being emitted based on some expressions and an event .

I found that the network didn't like the sim even if it was properly cached... if this is the case for you try rendering it locally and see if that solves it.

BTW your link is broken for me .. so i didn't see your movie ... just sounds like something i ran into before

JoshM
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Are you using nParticles or the old particle system? I've ran into plenty of weird problems with nParticles / nCache / instancer while rendering. Most of these problems resolved themselves when rendering locally.

Josh

Tornado7
11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your answears! I'm using traditional particles and I'm rendering locally... my problem was in my particle cache...I regenerated it and now everything works fine ;)

thanks again for you help!

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.