PDA

View Full Version : problems assigning multiple materials

Westy619
11-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey, I'm a new user to Maya and i've completed quite a few projects so far but when its comes to rendering them I run into a constant problem.

I could have two seperate items such as a polygon cube and sphere and I'll assign a blinn to one, it will work and I can edit all the attributes fine however the colour of the other item all changes and then when I try and assign another material, say, a lambert to the the other item it will apply but when I alter the materials attributes nothing will change. Its like every item is linked to the first material I assign.

Obviously, being able to assign various materials of various colours which are visible while I work would be of great help.

I've racked my brain as to what is going on but I just can't figure it out! Please help!

Westy

TheNeverman
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Make sure you are creating 'new' materials - and editing those - not editing the default lambert in the hypershade.

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.