PDA

View Full Version : fluid caching

psilo
11-03-2009, 12:16 AM
hi there ,

i'm working on a sim and try to make it better looking ,but i got a problem when i want to cache the simulation .
First of all , here is the sim at 200 150 100 resolution : http://www.vimeo.com/7287996
and the sim at 300 225 150 resolution : http://www.vimeo.com/7310410

At those reolutions , i can't cache the sim , maya crash instantly .I don't understant why i can playbast or batchrender the sim but can't cache it.
Is this normal? is there a workaround to cache high res fluid?

You could say , i could just batch render and be happy with the render , but i'm working on some autostereoscopic projects (multiview cameras) ans need a cache , so if someone has some clues on how resolve this problem , it would be cool to share

see you.

ChrisBore
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I've had the same problem, if the res is high enough to warrant a maya hi-res warning, i get an instant crash, happens on windows and osx.

Chris

ambarish
11-04-2009, 04:48 AM
I was also working with same project but i was using nDynamics, i think it is machine problem b'coz sometime machine will not render high res. particles in batch render as well as playbast render. just try it out low res. render...

best luck,
AMbaRish.

Giap
11-04-2009, 06:04 AM
I was also working with same project but i was using nDynamics, i think it is machine problem b'coz sometime machine will not render high res. particles in batch render as well as playbast render. just try it out low res. render...

best luck,
AMbaRish.

what? I don't get what you mean?

ChrisBore
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I doubt its a machine problem - Octo xeon with 16 gig Ram???

I can playblast any res, batch render any res but its a bit of a gamble as I can't do test renders etc!

I have even tried batch caching via maya batch with mel script.

Its pretty annoying

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.