PDA

View Full Version : Messiah:Render have a hardware render?

Andy741
08-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Does M:R have an option to render using hardware? I saw that Maya 5 has this option if you have one of those quadro fx cards. Or maybe you can use a gaming card too. I dunno.

Geco
08-16-2003, 12:58 AM
afaik no, but it would be a great feature.
perhaps in messiah:studio 2.0? :)

Wegg
08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
When looking at Messiah, I think a lot of people overlook the fact is that it can work with almost EVERY renderer on the market.

Plugging Studio or Animate into Maya, Max, C4D, LW etc is a VERY simple process.

If hardware rendering is very nessisary for your production, using Messiah doesn't slow you down in any way.

If you need Renderman, you can do that through Max or Maya.

Mental Ray, Max or Maya. . . etc.

Qslugs
08-18-2003, 08:27 PM
I think it would be nice actually if they had direct renderman output. I bet that is on their "list". I wonder if there would be issues due to them using lw's weird sub d method and not the Catmill Clark one.

Andy741
08-19-2003, 03:41 AM
Wegg, I forgot about that. Duh :)

I wonder if there's a standalone package that could do hardware rendering for character animations. There's this one: http://www.mad-fx.com/index.shtml but I don't think it can import character animation files.

Qslugs
08-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Well I am sure if enough people think it's important enough maybe PMG would consider it for a feature to implement.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.