PDA

View Full Version : Master's Degree

sjoerd88
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Master's ( in Arts perhaps? ) that offers a more hands on approach on 3d techniques such as modeling, animating, texturing, rendering and compositiong ( either all or one technique specifically ).
What I am looking for is a more practical syllabus rather than a project that revolves mostly around research and creating a long paper with close to no actually computer animation

Thanks

Chris

leigh
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Bournemouth?

Fumetsu
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
^
A direct link : http://ncca.bournemouth.ac.uk/

taxguy
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Are you limiting your search to schools in United Kingdom only or would you consider either US or Canadian schools?

sjoerd88
11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Anywhere really.

I have considered bournemouth as a choice, though it's taught units and i was told that it's a "conversion course" (from arts, media and design type courses) so a lot of it would be very basic 3d techniques! Unless I have been misinformed!!

MrPositive
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Can I ask what you intend to do with the Master's degree? In essence, why a Master's, and not a Bachelor's, or online training, or certificate (which all might be shorter and cheaper..shrug)

Saying that, there are several "practitioner" Master's degrees in the US actually. We have both a practitioner and research track respectively at the graduate level here at IUPUI. Most who take the practitioner Master's are either looking to instruct someday however (though some do use it to finish a large project or further their experience believe it or not). Hence, why I asked.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.