PDA

View Full Version : maya 2010 passes

longrayjohnson
10-31-2009, 04:21 PM
hy,

yeah i know "not that pass-stuff again", but wtf ?
got maya 2010 last week and i tried to render with that pass-system. when i turn on ambient occlusion and chose that pass for the renderlayer maya never stops rendering. when i turn it off it is ridiculously slow compared to the beautyrender without passes, but at least it is finished eventually. now i thought i just render the old ambient occlusion with the good old mib_ambient_occlusionshader on a separate renderlayer and am done with. now that shader is no longer available instead is the "fast" ambient occlusion shader which only seems to work if i turn on ambient occlusion in the globals. what did not help a thing, because now it renders unbelievably slow again. do those Autodesk dudes want to bring us maya people down on our knees or what ?
can anyone enlighten me, if the passes are 32 bit now and are not clipped at a value of 1 like they used to be ? and how to render an ambient occlusion within ones lifetime ?

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2009, 04:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.