PDA

View Full Version : Z-brush help

Smitler
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Ok...so I'm having a go at my first z-brush model. Exorted a lowish poly mesh from max and I'm happily sculpting away.
However there is a limit to how close I can zoom in. Now I know that zoom in z-brush is actually scaling the model rather than moving the camera so I seem to have hit a scale limit or something.
It's preventing me from getting right in and tackling the fine details z-brush seems designed for.
Any idea what's going on here?
Do I need to scale the model in max before exporting?
Change some z-brush settings somewhere?
Cheers for any answers.

DontBlinkx182x
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I havent used Zbrush in a while but there is a scale tool and zoom tool located on the right side of the interface. I think you are using the scale tool. Hover your cursor over the desired button in Zbursh you want to use and itll tell you what the button is.

Psyk0
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Here's how i zoom: holding down alt+left mouse button, then letting go of alt...(still keeping left mouse clicked) moving the mouse forward to zoom in and back to zoom out.

Always works for me, if you need to get any closer, maybe you need a bigger monitor.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.