PDA

View Full Version : mullet - showreel 2009

mullet
10-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd really appreciate some crits on this - Sometimes I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. All the work on the showreel is my own (from writing, direction through to production) except for 1 piece of illustration.

http://www.houseofmullet.com/showreel_001.mp4

Thank you

R

INKMAN002
10-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Im so glad i didn't have a seizure!!! lol. just kidding! the reel looks good in some parts. i especially like the end with the weird cat dream sequence... (sorry i dont know what else to call it) i didnt get the begining part though. was that a 3d model or live footage? it was nice but had me confused as to what you were showing off? overall i think its too flashy with too many cuts and flickering imagery. what is the reel for anyways? whatever it is i think it should be more focused on that aspect.

mullet
10-31-2009, 06:43 PM
thanks inkman.. i think there might be something wrong with then encoding if it was flickering - it does cut quickly, but shouldn't be any flickers. (maybe i'll slow down the cuts anyway : )

the reel is just the work i have i think is ok. I'm hoping i can split it into an animation and modeling showreel soon... beginning part is live footage. i'll try clarify that.

I'm not surprised you were confused as to what it's showing off - i don't know either! My main problem i think

thank you so much for getting back, really helpful : )

Ryan

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2009, 06:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.