PDA

View Full Version : Mayabatch vs Render View

vander
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread has the same question with no answer: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=87&t=382959&highlight=mayabatch+render+view

Why Render View is 2x or 3x more fast than Mayabatch?

No network render.

Thank you.

TaKIKO
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you using all of your render threads? I know in school for some reason the batch render is set to use only 2 render threads on the machine.

vander
10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Are you using all of your render threads? I know in school for some reason the batch render is set to use only 2 render threads on the machine.

Sorry, I don't know what is render threads, but it is set to Auto in Maya. I put 8 because when i render with Render View the Outpud Window that I'm using 8 Satellite CPUs... Same Result with Auto or 8 threads.

My computer is a Xeon E5430 2,66 Ghz with 8 GB Ram and Windows Vista 64.

Is it correcty to put render threads with 8?

Thanks.

beaker
10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
When you render in the renderview the scene is already loaded into memory in Maya and ready to go and things like textures are probably already cached. When you shoot off a Maya Batch it has to start up maya and load up everything fresh and new. With longer renders Maya Batch will be faster but single frame the render view will be faster.

decent
10-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Dont know why but i considered this satelite thingie as software emulation, since i got only 4 hardware threads to use and its still mentioned in output as 8 satelites :D

btw, i though that when you run mayabatch from maya level it consider output files as cached, like in render window renderer. good to know that not huh :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2009, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.