PDA

View Full Version : nParticles Instancer Collisions?

DrEvilBear
10-30-2009, 01:10 PM
I am trying to figure out how to run an nParticles simulation, where different shaped pieces of geometry are instanced into the particle system. I would like the particles to collide and bounce off each other, but based on the shape of the actual instanced geometry, not off the spherical shape of the particle, is this possible?

Or is it quicker to try and realise this effect using rigid bodies?

Cheers for any help guys!

arkangel-fx
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
You cant do it with nparticles. You should use rigid bodys or rigid ncloth for that stuff.

DrEvilBear
10-30-2009, 01:48 PM
thanks for the reply , so which would be less processor intensive then? rigids or ncloths?

arkangel-fx
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, depends on what type of scene you'll be dealing with. But if you'll have many rbs i would go for Bullet's Dynamica (maya plugin for Bullets rb solver).

rahulvfx
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
well if you don't want to get into third party ... thn n_cloth is much more flexible and it will give you much more option to play with, rather than Rb solver.
On the other hand it is obvious which "arkangel" said it is shot dependent ...
If you want good detail with closeup camera thn go for any solver....
At the end if you need to choose between rb solver & n cloth thn in my case I will go for n_cloth...

thankxxx

greetzz...

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.