PDA

View Full Version : Blastcode Question hope someone out there can Help...

DigitalJoey
10-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi this the first time I'll be asking in this forum since I have been working on a scene for an upcoming project we have here and were just recently got blastcode kiloton and megaton to achieve the shot. Okay here's the situation were going to simulate a building to collapse due to a massive force similar to an explosion. I have been testing blast code for 2 weeks now and frankly I'm at my wits end figuring out how to collapse a section of that building. I did all the standard tutorials available at hand from the web site and yet I dont see a practical solution to it than to use Megaton's Glued Objects to make the other parts of the building fly or fall apart using the simulation BC made. I know BC only simulated well with nurbs objects which means I have limited capability to model out sections of the building as just a single piece of geometry. We have 3 licensed kiloton BC and One Licensed Megaton BC.

My question is, is there a way that I can just create a single nurb object to use as just a dummy to store my BC simulation and then parent a pre fractured poly model to it so that it behaves the way the simulation did just using Kiloton? I know megaton can do this just using the glued objects feature but is that a way to do this with out using megaton?

Calibrix
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum! The way I see it, you can approach this two ways. You could spend a meticulous amount of time and build hundreds of nurbs plans to match you buildings surfaces and still use Kiloton. I've only used Megaton so I'm not too familiar of Kilotons limits. I would say that this is best handled by Megaton, due to the ability to glue polygons to the nurbs surface and by using sweeps you can create the effect of rebar in you building structure. It sounds like you'll need Megaton to pull off a complex shot like this.

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.