PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum 10 due out in September

chudofsinister
08-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Bud Plant.com just sent out a letter with this.
Spectrum 10 early

Underwood books early: Publisher Tim Underwood just informed me his latest projects are shipping early -- but too late to get them into our next catalog (the Incredible Update & Clearance Sale). Both editions of Spectrum Vol 10 should be here by the first week in September. The hardcover [SPECTRUM10H] will be $35; the softcover [SPECTRUM10] will be $27. Also, the revised softcover of Frank Frazetta's Icon (with 25 pages of new material), along with the reprint of Spectrum Vol 1, will be by the end of September. Watch our website for them, and sign up for our email notifications here. You'll have a chance to see these long before they hit stores nationwide

Also the Frazzeta DVD has been postponed, so if you have been holding off buying Painting with Light, might want to pick up the VHS anyway.

meats
08-15-2003, 04:22 PM
I can't wait to see the 10th anniversary edition!

I'm glad it's coming early..

lone
08-15-2003, 04:37 PM
say, are the hardcover editions of ICON still available? i ordered one from BORDERS two months ago, and i'm still waiting...

roger
08-15-2003, 05:34 PM
I just wanted to say I LOVE the Spectrum books! :thumbsup:
They are very inspirational. Anybody who has not seen them really need to check them out.

SheepFactory
08-15-2003, 05:39 PM
wow did spectrum go down on price? maybe virgin megastore was screwing us cause i got the last one for $50

cant wait for this new one!

chudofsinister
08-15-2003, 05:44 PM
50 bucks is usually the hardcover price. But did you read in the post that they will be rereleasing SPECTRUM 1 . How cool is that.

lone
08-15-2003, 06:12 PM
i've never even seen #1 - i've got 6,7 and 8 so far (haven't picked up 9 yet; too much fantasy, not enough sci-fi, altho a lot of the sculptures are excellent). list price for paperback, according to AMAZON, is 27.00, so if you paid 50.00 for it, you got ripped.

meats
08-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I can't wait until Expose is celebrating their 10th anniversary, and rereleasing Expose1:thumbsup:

beaker
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by chudofsinister
50 bucks is usually the hardcover price. But did you read in the post that they will be rereleasing SPECTRUM 1 . How cool is that.
Thats awsome. Used versions of #1-#4 goes for between $150 to $300. So I have never really had the chance to see them because they cost so much.

DePingus
08-15-2003, 10:01 PM
For cheap rates on these art books consider becoming a member of sfbc.com (Science Fiction Book Club). You usually get great rates on hardcovers and sfbc exclusives. You can still pickup Spectrum 9 & 8 hardcover for $19.99

For joining the club you get 5 books (these can include Spectrum) for $1 + SH. I forget how many more books you have to buy at regular price over how long. But they're good prices and you can do all your shopping, payments, etc online. Their customer service is pretty helpful too. I've been a member for quite a while. Is this starting to sound like a plug...

If you're thinking of signing up please let me know so I can send you an email referal. I get 2 free books if you join! Thanks!
Email me if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

Kenter
08-15-2003, 10:58 PM
whew,thanks.Something actually coming out early,amazing.:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.