PDA

View Full Version : particles dissapear on frame 1

TheRispo
10-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone.. Here's the problem. I made a simple little script to create a particle in the position of any object the user selects... and everything works fine the first time I hit play..but if I rewind or until the playback loops, the particles just dissapear... this puzzles me because it's not the first time I use this script...
It's a new scene, the created particles does not have any expression, and the lifespanMode is "live forever".
Here's the code to create the particles on the selected objects... maybe there's the issue??...

global proc createPart(string $partName){
string $selection[] = `ls -sl`;
particle -n $partName;
for ($sel in $selection){
float $objPos[] = `xform -q -ws -t $sel`;
emit -object $partName -position $objPos[0] $objPos[1] $objPos[2];
}
}
I'll be thankfull if any of you guys could check it out
Thanks

Edit: I'm not sure if the scenes were attached correctly (looks like they don't).. so heres a rapidshare link to my scene... thanks
http://rapidshare.com/files/299748007/particlesDissapear.zip.html

Aikiman
10-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Do you have your playback set to "every frame' or 'realtime'?

TheRispo
10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the response jeremy, yesterday I had my playback set to all three options and still my particles would dissapear if I rewinded, that was driving me mad.

Today I found what was wrong however... I just forgot to give the particles an Initial state after they were emmited... yeah, kind of a silly mistake, sometimes its just better to walk away from maya for a while to clear your mind

Thanks again for the help

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.