PDA

View Full Version : command line question

royter
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
when i open a command shell go to my project and type: render -r mr scene.mb i get this error message: 'render.exe' is not recognized as an internal command, operable program pr batch file
any ideas ( i have already edited my environement variables: programfiles autodesk maya2010 bin)
any ides?

tostao_wayne
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
when i open a command shell go to my project and type: render -r mr scene.mb i get this error message: 'render.exe' is not recognized as an internal command, operable program pr batch file
any ideas ( i have already edited my environement variables: programfiles autodesk maya2010 bin)
any ides?

you must to change the enviroment path variable or simply type the complete path to where render comand is: "c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\render.exe" -r mr scene.mb

royter
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
simply type the complete path to where render comand is: "c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\render.exe" -r mr scene.mb

do i have to copy me scene to that directory each time i render in command line?

tostao_wayne
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
do i have to copy me scene to that directory each time i render in command line?

no, you must to especify the path to the render comand and the path to your scene

"c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\render.exe" -r mr c:\my_maya\my_projects\my_scenes\scene.mb

achoury
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi
Simply add theses variables to your Operating System.
PATH = ;X:\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\

/Rachid

tostao_wayne
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi

/Rachid

i didn't know why but it didnīt work for me and vista64 i have also try editing the registry and no way

royter
10-29-2009, 08:41 PM
no, you must to especify the path to the render comand and the path to your scene

"c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\render.exe" -r mr c:\my_maya\my_projects\my_scenes\scene.mb

i get this error message:
cannot locate executable render.exe, please run using the full path
cannot open renderer description file "defaultRenderer.xml"

achoury
10-29-2009, 08:46 PM
i didn't know why but it didnīt work for me and vista64 i have also try editing the registry and no way

The letter "X" is your local hard drive, maybe C:\> or D:\> or whatever Maya is installed!
To verify, go to Start/Execute and type: Maya

/Rachid

tostao_wayne
10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
The letter "X" is your local hard drive, maybe C:\> or D:\> or whatever Maya is installed!
To verify, go to Start/Execute and type: Maya

/Rachid

i know it, in my case "c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\" (i have copy and paste the explorer path" i have tryed with and witout cuotes, and no way, i have edited the registry too, and it doesn't work

thankx Rachid

achoury
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
i know it, in my case "c:\program files\autodesk\maya2010\bin\" (i have copy and paste the explorer path" i have tryed with and witout cuotes, and no way, i have edited the registry too, and it doesn't work

thankx Rachid
I don't touch the registry!
/Rachid

royter
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi

/Rachid

should i edit the variables like this?

variable name :C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin
variable value: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin

tostao_wayne
11-03-2009, 05:04 PM

type this in a console:
PATH = ;C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\

achoury
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

No, you don't have to add a path name because a default path already exist in your OS
just select the path and click the edit button then add: ;C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\
hope this help!
/rachid

royter
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
No, you don't have to add a path name because a default path already exist in your OS
just select the path and click the edit button then add: ;C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\
hope this help!
/rachid

in environment variables / System variables / Path, there's this path: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
i replaced it with : ;C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\
Now when i command line render, the render starts :
Starting "C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\mayabatch.exe
but in a fiew seconds, i get this error message:
Error: File not found.:
Error: Cannot load scene "test.mb". Please check the scene name.
//Maya exited with status 209

tostao_wayne
11-03-2009, 06:27 PM
in environment variables / System variables / Path, there's this path: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
Now when i command line render, the render starts :
Starting "C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\mayabatch.exe
but in a fiew seconds, i get this error message:

Don't replace the system path! you must to add the new path! or you will lost all the paths to the system library, commads an so on.
Also, when you start a command line render, you must to specify the entire path to the scene, for example:

render -r mr -v 5 c:\scenes\scene.mb

achoury
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM

no leave the default variable as it was then add the maya path. not replace! so you get this:
variable name = Path
variable value: = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2010\bin\

you must specify the path for your project file

here are my variables added to my OS
MAYA_LOCATION = D:\Autodesk\Maya2010
MAYA_APP_DIR = E:\Maya_Work

royter
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
thanks alot guys, it works now!

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.