PDA

View Full Version : ! urgent ! instencer with animated object

Firas
08-15-2003, 10:49 AM
hi all...

someone should know how to do that on maya :

i have particles emiter .. i want to replace each particle with animated object ( a circle that starts from small scale to large scale in 25 frames) ..

now I want to use instancer to replace each particle with this scaling circle >>> fine >>> but each circle should start scaling at the birthtime of the particle.

what happened is all the circles has the original time of the original circle .. so how to can i order maya to shift the animation of the circle to start at birth time ?

rokandic
08-15-2003, 10:10 PM
If you are only scaling don't scale the original object. Scale the instances via expressions. For example add vector per particle attribute (scalePP for example) to your particleShape. When creating the particle instance object just use this attribute for scale of the instances. Then in the creation/runtime expression you can play with scalePP as you wish. In your case you could use the particle age attribute to drive the scalePP attribute.

rok

Firas
08-16-2003, 08:58 AM
thankx .. i understand that but the scale thing is just an example .. i want to instant a scaling circle but its an emiter also to another parcile system .. so all animated attribute keys in those should shifted to birthtime :(

Gremlin
08-16-2003, 09:18 AM
wait Firas,
your instancing your particles with emitters?? dude, how you accomplish that? I been tryin' to do that for ages... It originally was birthed in my brain when I wanted to instance smoking bullets as the particles of an emitter lodged inside the barrel of a gun..... but, it didn't want to allow me to instance the bullet geometry and the particle emitter that was the smoke for the bullet....

can you help me with instancing particles with particles??
Cheers,
:beer:

rokandic
08-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Firas:
if you're instancing a bit complex or deforming objects which can't be handled by the particle expressions then you could use objectIndex. If you have a walk cycle that you are instancing and the cycle is 25 frames long, you could create one object per frame (having 25 different objects of that walkcycle) and then use the objectIndex attribute to cycle through them. Scenes can get heavy this way if you have complex objects with long animations since you need one duplicate per frame of object animation.

Maya instancer doesn't handle object animation keys you're instancing, it only takes the geometry and puts it in the specified position. The only thing that instancer can manipulate is transformation.

Hope this helps.

-rok

alesmav
08-19-2003, 04:28 PM
And don't forget you get NO motion blur with animated instances. :( Anyone knows how to get around this?

ALES

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.