PDA

View Full Version : emit particles upon collision

avillabon
10-28-2009, 07:01 AM
I was wondering what is the best way to emit particles when two objects collide.

So far every time I've done it i have just animated an emitter's rate and placed it where i know the objects will collide. It definitely gets the job done, but i cant help but think there is a really cool way out there that will do this in a more efficient way.. ?? ..

I found this tutorial online http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/tutorials/collision_emission/collision_emission.html but it is really old and im guessing there are probably new better ways to do this.

Thoughts?

Alex

Aikiman
10-28-2009, 07:22 AM
From my xp that is the easiest way to emit particles since there isnt really any other "obvious" way to find the collision data unless you use rigid bodies.

In the case of rigid bodies, you can reference collision count along with collision point and then use the emit command to emit particles at those points. I have a mel script on my site that automatically sets this up for you.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2009, 07:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.