PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Anyone work here or what?

Optigon-cg
08-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Is anyone out there running this website?! I've been trying to post here for 4 days without any luck until now. I verified my accout and everything but I was not allowed to post or view links. Twice during that four day period I contacted the webmaster with no reply. Don't get me wrong, this is by far the best 3d graphics community board on the web, but it suffers from serious service issues and technical glitches. I can go further by complaining about the rediculous amount of time the avatar page takes to open as well (if Explorer doesn't crash first) .

Anyhow I'm done ranting and just glad to be part of this forum.

Webmasters please take note of this post because I know others have had this same problem.

Thanks.

James Abraham
:applause:

Kirt
08-15-2003, 06:02 PM
The Admins have had their hands full lately, I'm not surprised they haven't had an opportunity to reply to everyone's e-mails.

After you have verified your account, you need to log in using your new username and password. Posting shouldn't be a problem after that.

The Avatar gallery page ... I don't recommend viewing it at this time. What you get is a dump of several hundred avatars in use by current members. Even on DSL or a T1 line your browser will choke on the amount of images trying to download at once.

A fix for that page is on the to-do list, but it's not one of their highest priorities right now.

Make your own avatar and read this information (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40111). That's my best suggestion.

Dave Black
08-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Can you post a link to a graphically intensive forum with 45,000+ users that has never had a single glitch or down moment?

-3DZ

:D

Optigon-cg
08-16-2003, 01:30 AM
I get your drift 3D Zealot. I was just frustrated and caught up in the moment. I was recently directed here by Jonny Gordon from Zero Gravity entertainment and overwealmed (sp?) by how awesome this site is. So I was very anxious to get involved and in turn became aggravated.

Anyhow, I finally did get the reply I was waiting for today. Now everything's peachy.:buttrock:

Dave Black
08-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Welcome aboard, brother, and enjoy the CG goodness!

-3DZ

:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.