PDA

View Full Version : Train2Game ~ are they any good?

cyphyr
10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Well I got a small orange card through my door during the summer and thought I might see what they were like. After a few phone calls I got to leave my details and someone would be in touch with me shortly. A couple of months later I get a call from their representative who was going to be in the area shortly. We arranged a meeting at my home and he arrived on time. Very quickly he let me know that the course I was interested in, The Game Animation course was as yet un-available, maybe I should re-apply in the spring. He then went on to tell me about the Game Design and Game Development courses with emphasis on the Game Development course which could get me a job in the 40k region (as compared to the Game Design course that could only promise 20K). Now the courses are industry accredited (whatever that means) by TIGA (whoever they are) who are "... set to become the independent awarding and examination body for the distance learning courses for video games devised by Train2Game (T2G), the games training business."

Ok so there you have it. That's the basics of the info, you can google to find out more if your interested BUT that's not why I'm posting ... I've tried in vain to get some independent corroboration that these guys are above board and that the courses will genuinely put you in a position to get work in the games industry.

So has anybody had any experience with these people?

Has anybody got employment after doing one of their courses?

Are there any Studios represented here that have heard of Train2Game?

Thanks in advance

cyphyr

switchblade327
11-02-2009, 12:17 PM
He then went on to tell me about the Game Design and Game Development courses with emphasis on the Game Development course which could get me a job in the 40k region (as compared to the Game Design course that could only promise 20K).

I would be very skeptical when a game course quotes you salary figures; they're not the ones who have to live up to that promise. I'm not an expert on UK salaries by any means but from jobs I see posted, 40k pounds for an entry level position at a game company seems rather high. I often see posts for senior/lead talent in that range.

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2009, 12:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.