PDA

View Full Version : Nuke tracking problem

khiro
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm triying to migrate to nuke from shake and I'm having some issues with the tracker.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/img/products/dvds/MLI04/stills/09.jpg

In shake I often do this kind of work tracking the red points (or white crosses o something similar) then I add a corner pin transform node after the image I wanna use to replace de frame with the points adjusted in the corners of the frame picture, place a copy of the stabilize node active with the inverse transform of match (also i adjust the reference frame if necesary) and shake extrapolates the information of the track to the corners of the corner pin.

The only way i found to do a corner pin track in nuke is obligatory track the corners of the frame and not the red points, and i have not found a way to do like I was doing in shake.

Is there any secret i don't know about the 4 point trackin in nuke or is this the only way to do that?

Thank you very much, and I promisse I;m very sorry about my english.

beaker
10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Hopefully I understand what your question. Are you asking how to do an offset track with the tracker node in Nuke? You just hold down ctrl(different key depending the os) and move the tracker to the offset point(yellow line will show up showing the offset). There is a reset tracker offset in the upper right corner to get it back to center.

khiro
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I think I don't explain correctly mi question. If I offset the track the corner pin will not coincide with the corners of the frame when it rotate. I search for a behaviour like shake that transform the corner pin extrapolating the data like if it was a 3d rotation whiout a 3d traker. If you offset the track it always will mantain exactly the same distance between the original tracked point and the offset, Shake respect the perspetive given to the corner pin.

If i have time ill try to post and example of the track done in shake and the same track done in nuke offseting the track points, but I have today a very long day of work so, by the moment, you should belive me :P

beaker
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm still not quite sure what your asking but maybe this is it. Are you trying to turn on rotation and scale in the tracker? just check all the rotate(R) and scale(S) boxes next to the different tracks and then go into the settings box and change the warp type from "Translate" to "Translate,Rotate,Scale".

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.