PDA

View Full Version : multistreak rendering (making color accum. work)

chrispy2001
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I want to render multistreak particles using the batch render, so that the color accumulation will work. (wont work in the hardware render buffer) however i've found that maya has always been incredibly temperamental when trying to render this way.

Sometimes if i dont have my cache set to call all (nParticles) maya will crash, but most times it just wont render anything (including an alpha).

I have made it work though and the results are great, with render times very very fast (as opposed to using mental ray for rendering this type of particle which is prohibitly slow!)

Has anyone out there in this fine community ever come accross this problem and maybe know a setting Ineed to have??? or a little trick under their sleeve??? otherwise i'll have to use the hardware render buffer (gasp!) which for some awesome reason doesn't render the color accumlation.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.