PDA

View Full Version : Sun behind clouds?

Oddgit
10-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi, this may be a simple question, but for the life of me i cant figure it out. Is there a way to make the sun not visible when it is behind clouds. I have a very thick spectral 2 cloud layer, large puffy clouds with lots of depth and feathers, but when the camera moves so the sun goes behind the clouds there is still a disk from the sun that glows through the clouds. Without keyframing the sun's visibility, is there an option to make it so you dont see the sun?
Also the same goes for the sun effects like sundogs and the ice ring. Real ice rings are super high altitude and would be behind most cloud layers.

ajsa51
10-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Try disabling lens flare and see if that helps.

MPavel
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM
put sun size to 0. It won`t disable glare from sun on the thin clouds, but the sun itself will invisible.

Oddgit
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry should have elaborated more, flare is off. If i set the sun size to zero, then when it isn't behind a cloud you wouldn't be able to see it. I am going for the sun peeking out from behind the clouds look, but when it isn't there or is never visible then it kinda ruins the animation.

nPellegrino
10-27-2009, 10:55 AM
If you are using version 7.5+ you can decrease the cloud anisotropy,
6+ reduce glow amount, and scattering anisotropy.

You can also try to change the volumetric color of the cloud to a mid tone gray.

Reducing the size of the corona can also help.

bruno021
10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
And thickening an ddarkening clouds should help too.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.