PDA

View Full Version : looking for tutorial

okno
08-14-2003, 06:52 PM
hi all, i started xsi and deep paint 3d, but i cant find eny tutorials for deep paint.

Can enyone help?
Thanks

leigh
08-15-2003, 10:40 PM
The tutorials that come with Deep Paint are a quick way to learn the basics of the program.

Berserker
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
I know you're looking for beginners tutorials, but I thought I should share my thoughts, as I recently finished my demo reel using the same combo of XSI and Deep UV.
I found it faster to take care of your projections and break up your UVs in XSI. It's really fast and intuitive. Make sure everything is laid out, but don't spend time worrying if there is stretching, just make sure its untangled reasonable well, and broken up into sections that make sense. Then export the model, and simply use deep UV for its Relax UVs and Pack All functions. That way all the UVs are proportional to their corresponding polygons. I wouldn't go in and start pushing UV points around in Deep though... too slow for me at least.

Hmm, lets see if I can say "UV" a few more times...
:scream:
http://www.vfs.com/~peterhogan/3dwork/new12a.jpg
Here are some UVs as an example.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.