PDA

View Full Version : Character Animation Reel

Jeremydjutras
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Hello All,
My name is Jeremy Jutras, and I love to animate. There's nothing like receiving a stiff T-pose model and bringing life to it by way of translations, rotations, squashes, stretches and a whole bunch of keys! Currently I`m actively pursuing a career in the Animation Industry.

Here is a new Character Animation Reel I have put together!

LINK:
www.jjanimation.net

The4thAggie
10-24-2009, 06:59 PM
The first and last sketch were pretty funny. I overall enjoyed the animation, but it was entirely stylized/cartoony. I don't know if that was what you are trying to do, but if I were trying to appeal to the Pixar/Dreamworks SKG and FX markets simultaneously, I would include something that was more realistic.

Good job overall. That's just my unprofessional opinion.

mistasam02
10-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Awesome stuff dude! Good job overall. I agree with the poster above that you should probably have a few realistic pieces on your reel, but for cartoony content this is working really well. Keep it up!

CGOutcast
10-25-2009, 04:04 AM
hey dude, i remember seeing the hammer and kid animations before in your other reel and I have to say you improved them A LOT, the feel more fluid this time around. Like the other posts said though this reel seems like it would appeal to a company that does more cartoony animation, keep up the good work.

borisignjatovic
10-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Very nice animation. I like the sandwich part.

Ustel3Dman
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry wrong thread.

Jeremydjutras
10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks all for your words/critique. Justin, I believe your post was intended for another thread?

Veretas
10-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Hey fellow Full-Sailor! Nice job with the reel. Went and checked on your WIP for each asset and have to say the only ones that seemed to change were the hammer and kid ones. Anyway all 3 assets were great and loved them all. Only thing that bugged me was some of the facial animations. They were good but in the case of lifting the hammer, seemed inappropriate for the kind of action.

Jeremydjutras
10-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks Jaron. You graduate from Full Sail as well?

melmann
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
a fun reel you have! Really enjoyed the sandwhiches skit

Veretas
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks Jaron. You graduate from Full Sail as well?

Not yet. I have about 8 months to go. 3 until those final five start. Currently doing my art test though!

Conkrys
10-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice stuff... Good simulation of weight when he lifts the huge hammer! I like it! :D

FrizzleFry0
10-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Great job with your reel Jeremy. Just checked it out today with Shawn. I love the weighting with the hammer. It'd be nice if you played that out and had him come back at the end during the credits for one last swing/attempt. Keep us posted on your progress after graduating. See you this Thursday for demo reel screening. :thumbsup:

Jeremydjutras
10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
thanks guys, for all the wonderful input.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.