again now.
yes...i have found the edit botton...software is lightwave,
dont have wireframe and front/side things at the moment...im not
on a working station...i was hoping for comments on the overall
look,stile and interpretation so....
its based on a character from an amazing graphic novel by Alessandro Barbucci
called "skydoll"
you can see it on its web site...http://www.skydoll.com/
i wasnt "copying" the character,i know that it lacks the tail,and when shes naked,it a puppet,a mechanical toy,but i decided to give her a "normal"body.furthermore,i know that in the novel her breasts are bigger,but it didnt fit for me with her verry lean frame.
my last post here was ,as i was saying,5 months ago and its at
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36878&highlight=insect...its also somewhere in the
gallery.
anyway...

jerry123
08-14-2003, 03:03 PM

jerry123
08-14-2003, 03:12 PM
...there is also the animation i did for the primary character on
http://10secondclub.org/html/previous/2002/10_oct/movies/16.mpg

im sorry i wasnt aware of any rules:blush:
im so stupid sometimes...its my greatest talent...
software is lightwave and idont have any wireframe at the moment,maybe i should post it on a different forum?:shrug:

jerry123
08-14-2003, 03:13 PM

jerry123
08-14-2003, 03:31 PM
listen...the first image im afraid ,did not pass so im gonna pass it again...furthermore i did not read the rules,did i mention my stupidity erlier?
i dont have profile and front at the moment and i was hoping
for comments on the stile and interpretation more than technical...

jellyfish
08-14-2003, 10:02 PM
I like the style, you've captured the imagery in 3D pretty well from what I can see of the graphic novel gallery. However, in the close shot of her head, it seems you have her forehead to sharp, it seems more rounded in the graphic novels, this makes her more animal, less human looking. I also question the size of her eyes, I think they are smaller in the drawings than you made them.

BTW: It's not wrong to copy a character design, as long as you aren't exploiting it for commercial purposes. Especially when converting a 2d drawing to a 3D character, where you are doing all the work except the initial concept.

I think your lower lashes are too prominent, they should be much shorter. Also, why are the lashes obvious from the side, but not as visible when looking at the face straight-on? Perhaps there aren't enough lashes, or they are too thin.

Your render looks good, although I think the drawings lend itself to a cleaner lines to the shadows, not so GI. Or maybe you should try a trace edges render or shader...

jellyfish

Solace9
08-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Cool concept to work from!

Her glutteous maximus and the smaller muscles don't look as full, smooth and rounded as in the conceptual drawing though...
It's important to capture her ideal form since the idea behind her creation is that of a realized ideal.

Keep up the good work. :)

L&R,
S9:Micah

jerry123
08-15-2003, 12:11 PM
hi....
thank u jellyfish and solace9,u have been verry helpfull...
furthermore,i have found some more work on these forums reffering to this character,preform a search on "skydoll"...
its very interesting to see how diffrent the stile and model are from one artist to another:)

jerry123
08-15-2003, 04:20 PM
ok. now you can see how messed up i really am,here are some wireframes
of the body and face...ill refer to the face later..
i wanted to give it a different body from the comic book,i wanted it to be almost anorectic
giving a pixy like thing...if i have the time ill do the other female character and then there will
be the very sharp contrast that i want between the two of them(the oter one has a very full sexy figure)

ps.sorry it was copied from a text document,so the lines are funny

jerry123
08-15-2003, 04:21 PM
and

jerry123
08-15-2003, 04:23 PM
and...
i dont have web space so i have to send them 20k
at a time:blush:

jerry123
08-15-2003, 04:25 PM
the face...
A.the eyes ,i think,are the right size.they are quite big...

B.yes,i havent noticed the forehead,thank u for that one.

C.i removed the mechanical stuff...at the moment i didnt like them,
yes ,shes supposed to be a machine...but im very into the "coppelia"stoy.
(you probably dont know that one ,its about a crazy old proffesor who creats
mechanical toys,cause he has no children,and one day he creats "her",her special
quality is that shes perfect and looks compleatly real on the outside)

D.this is a 2d image and its a problem for me,i cant follow the exact lines
in 3d,it creats distortions...what looks right frontal will disstort the frofile
and the other way around..so you have to make changes so it looks good from
every direction..maybe some of u have a system of dealing with that kind of transitions?

jerry123
08-15-2003, 04:27 PM
the last one...

Solace9
08-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Id have to see what's going on when you made the changes to the front and then profile sections to really help on that.
Know what you've adjusted in the profile, and then, adjust everything but what's been adusted in the profile go get the front looking as best as it can. That's my best advice.

You probably know these inconsistencies already and maybe you want the differences as part of your interpretation, just like the non-mechanical take, but:
1. the neck is too skiny and changes thickness when it shouldn't.
2. the eyebrow bump you modled in, does not exist as part of the concept. the brow should move straight up from the nose and then gracefully curve back across the skull.
3. The whole lips and jaw section need to be rotated clockwise till the match w/ the concept crawing too.

Kepp up the good work.

L&R,
S9: Micah

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.