Seraca
10-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi
this is my most Reel of Solver Driven Character Dynamics

DYNAMICS (http://vimeo.com/7098230)

Cheers

Bucket
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
For forensics, Shaders and all of that stuff is not very important. But getting things down to the nitty gritty details in a particular occurance is usually crucial. It depends on a case to case basis what details are extremely important. Sometimes showing entry and exit wounds and what organs are dammage with shrapnel. Maybe you need to show exactly how something blew up. There aren't going to be many instances in forensics that you would use a rag doll physics. Manual keyframing will give you control that is often required to adjust a scenario to the clients liking.

For a dynamics reel. It looks like you used a field and turned it on and off for a frame. Keep in mind all objects have different dynamic properties. A grenade will blast away dust rocks and loose rubbel but it will not do anyting to a heavy dense object like steel. Really heavy dense objects usually don't bounce off the ground and when they do they don't bounce much. This is because the ground is absorbing and giving into the weight of the object. You probably want to make sure your metal objects bounce around like metal objects and not beach balls. Everything seems to have the same dynamic properties. Also if you are applying for a job be sure to list what is yours and what is not.

I'm hoping you licensed the music. Otherwise you obtained it illegally. I know some people from Two Steps from Hell and last time I checked their music is not available to the public. Keep in mind, this industry is small, everyone knows everyone in some way. It could dammage your reputation very easily. (I don't put music in my reels, just to stay safe)

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.