PDA

View Full Version : Compositing, putting them all together

Eitht
10-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Yo all,
I did some photo manipulations (Fire/smoke/dirt/lighting) recently, it took a decent amount of time to actually apply these to still photos, now i have some questions related to movies.

I understand movies with visual effects can have hundreds of passes/layers in 1 shot. Have completely no idea how they are able to put them all seamlessly, what kind of software was used & how they are able to apply all the effects/elements for a sequence when there are so many frames.

Would be awesome if someone is kind enough to answer~ *thanks* *cheers*

beaker
10-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Most compositors can do this type of work, AE, Combustion, Nuke, Shake, Digital Fusion.

Eitht
10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
BIG thanks, beaker~ appreciate your time for answering to my question! :D

sundialsvc4
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
These packages usually offer several approaches. The most intuitive one is "layers," much like Photoshop provides. A more sophisticated approach is called, variously, "nodes" or "noodles" ... where sources, filters, and sinks of information can be connected together like an old-style telephone switchboard, creating an arbitrary path of stages that the image data flows through. It is quite fascinating.

Eitht
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey Sundial, that explanation really helped me understand the process more! CHEERS!

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.