PDA

View Full Version : Broken paths for Flows

Susurrus
08-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Hey everyone!

I recently purchased DFX+ with the LW8 deal from NewTek, and I have been trying to follow along with the provided Courseware book & DVD.

I have copied all of the courseware content from the DVD to my local drive (D). While following the book, I tried to load the Ch_7_Start.flw but I get an error message in my Console window saying it can't find some content. The message says its looking for C:\Footage\Courseware\*.*, but that doesn't exist!

My question is, can I change the path it is searching for somewhere so I dont need to go to each Loader in the flow (could be a lot) and point it at each file? I tried that and it just takes too long, and I dont want to have to do that for the next 20 chapters!:eek:

Thanks for your help in advance, and sorry for the newb question. I would have liked to have added a screenshot, but I don't know how to do that in Win2k either...:banghead: If you need any other clarification, I will be happy to provide.

Keith

Jayk2k
08-14-2003, 04:45 PM
there should be a readme file in the courseware. Copy all the dvdrom footage to a root:\Footage folder and fusion will auto-scan for it. Just be sure it's on the lowest drive letter, otherwise it'll be confused.

ie if fusion in on d:\footage, don't have a c:\footage folder, or else it won't find it.

Susurrus
08-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Thanks Jayk2k.

My system disk is small (10GB) and I don't have the room on it to copy all of the courseware, so I copied it all to my next drive (80GB) @ D:\Courseware\*.* . Fusion is installed on E:\ so I thought it would look there, but no luck.

Is there any way around manually fixing it? Maybe a script or something? Again, thanks for the help.

EDIT: So this doesn't get to confusing...
40GB HDD Partitioned 10GB (C:\) and 30GB (E:\) <--- Windows silly-ness. :wip:
80GB HDD (D:\) <--- Courseware is here

Keith

Jayk2k
08-15-2003, 11:42 PM
fusion should happily read it off the dvd rom even. As long as c:\footage doesn't exist, or d:\footage, e:\footage etc. I wonder if it's getting confused by the way e: is mapped...

As far as a script goes I'll see what I can get my hands on, but it may be monday before I got anything.

Jayk2k
08-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Ok, here's the script that was posted on pigsfly the other day...

-------------
Put this script in your DFusion:/Scripts/Flow directory. You will need to be running DF 4.02 or higher.

Run the script from the Script menu in the menu bar at the top of the screen when your flow is loaded. Type the path fragment you want to find in the first edit box that appears, and type the fragment you want to replace it with in the second.

i.e.G:\ to \\Robotnik\ <file://Robotnik/> .

Thanks
Isaac Guenard
--------------

You will have to rename the file after download to remove the .txt extension.

Susurrus
08-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks Jayk2k!

This looks like exactly what I need... Only apparently you need Module 3 to run scripts, and the LW deal only comes with Modules 1 & 4! :banghead:

I really do apologize for all the trouble, but I am really new to this, and I really do want to learn. If there is a way to run the script anyway, that woud be really great.

Thank you for all your help.

Keith

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.