PDA

View Full Version : Fish Tank (rocks)

Black_Tiger
08-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Hey guys
I am creating a fish tank and i have tons of rocks in the fish tanks
there really a lot of rocks which is a lot of geomtry...

so i was wondering there is a easy way in dynamic menu, but can anyone help me instead of using nurbs sphere i wana use dymnamics like fluid effects...

anyways cause since i've used nurbs sphere it took me 15 minutes render with out texture and dats only pentium 3 733 mgz
which is not worth it ,

ANYWAYS PLEASE HELP ME OUT ABOUT EASIER WAY....

here chck out my image pls ...
and i really need a help...

Gremlin
08-14-2003, 02:17 PM
umm, I don't know if I understand, but does... "create particle tool" ...create a plane of particles, instance "rocks" to the particles, applying gravity, after the particles have hit the floor.... "solver >> set initial state" work? does that work?
Cheers?
:beer:

bluedragon128
08-14-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by. so i was wondering there is a easy way in dynamic menu, but can anyone help me instead of using nurbs sphere i wana use dymnamics like fluid effects...
But for the rocks, you can create a nurbs plane make that a surface emitter. Takes the rocks you like out of the rocks you made, different ones are good. Then go to Particles Instancer Replacement. Set it so that it will cycle through them. Then you can add a Random expression to the particles to have them placed randomly in the tank. With particles you can have different fields effect the particles. Hope that helps.

thematt
08-14-2003, 03:54 PM
The way I sees it on you Image, it look like you want a way to create the floor without the nurbs sphere because it take too long to render..is that it?

If it is mayabe you could just try to use a displacement with some bump on a plane and then had few real rocks around...to cheat it term or visual.
Since your rocks are nurbs sphere it could be cool to set the tesselation of your sphere getting down while the camera is further away..I think you could automate that with a script if somebody care to write one..I'm no mel guru but i could try..

Anyway here are only few solution maybe somebody else will give you a better one.

cheers

Black_Tiger
08-14-2003, 05:19 PM
thematt gave me a good idea.
I'm gonna creat plane and make it look like rocks by pulling out everywhere as like rocks...

maybe dat works...

" since it's all nurbs sphere i'm gonna creat a line and project curve surface and the rid of the other half of the rocks."

I don't know if u guys understand dath.

Anyways can anyone tell me step by step please, cause i am no good in Dynamics.

Tell me wut do instead of having lot of geometry here....

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.