PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles : 3D WRC cars

TorpedoCreative
08-14-2003, 06:29 AM
http://www.torpedo.com.au/WIP/WRC.jpg

All six models were created in 3D Studio MAX v5. Textures created in Photoshop v7.0. Post work for this image was done in Photoshop.
They are all part of a 3D Vehicle profiler that I created for Telstra Rally Australia website. You can view the interactive animations at the official rally australia website - www.rallyaustralia.com (just click on "3d models" on the home page)

----James

www.jamesabbott.co.uk

sbv20
08-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Real top-notch stuff! Great in all respects.

BiowaX
08-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Very cool indeed. For some reason tho im getting the feeling im watching a picture 6 scalextric cars, why i dont know, but it was the first thing that struck me :)

- BiowaX

TorpedoCreative
08-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks mate, yeah I guess they do look a bit like scaletrix cars.. ;) I plan on animating them next.. time permitting.

btw, the direct link to the interactive 3D vehicle profiler which has them all is
http://www.jamesabbott.co.uk/work/WRC
cheers

-- James

BiowaX
08-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Not getting anything on that webpage :(

About the animation, make some scx tracks and have the cars racing on that, would be cool :)

- BiowaX

TorpedoCreative
08-14-2003, 10:48 AM
yeah, a bit of scalectrix action would be cool..
not sure why you arent getting anything on that link though?

Do you have the flash plugin installed? the link works for me?

hmmm?:shrug:

--James

BiowaX
08-14-2003, 11:11 AM
The flash plugin might be the the key, ill fix right away.

- BiowaX

Daniel
08-14-2003, 11:35 AM
Wow great!!!!

Have U got any blueprints for modeling???

I like the Foucs WRC3 and the Accent WRC very much :)

cya.

StaNz
08-14-2003, 11:40 AM
I can see u really put time in doing those texture right????
:eek:
2 me!! 1 car already can kill.........
but u do 6 !!!!!!
that mean u can kill me 6 time!!!!!!!

the only thing I comment is the reflection of the (most front)car is too less 2 me ...........
I think if u add a bit can bring out more interesting........

:applause: :thumbsup:

mora
08-14-2003, 03:09 PM
they're fabulous!!!I now have new walpapers!!! thanxsomuch!!!:love: however I am kinda unimpressed by the 3d 360 rotation,I was hoping for something more cult3d stuff nokia phone 3d (http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,8764,27889,00.html)

but still,great renders:thumbsup:

heres a toyota car multimedia (http://www.toyota.se/goodies/index.html)

Airtwist!
08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
oh my god,

nice cars men,

i like the textures ohhh men i love it:applause: :beer: :buttrock: :drool:

BiowaX
08-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Just found time checking the gallery, and i must say goddamn, those are so seriously great models :buttrock:

And you show you are wise when using Solbergs name on the Subaru :applause:

- BiowaX

Ac0rN
08-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Ekk :eek: , that looks really great ! did you render it with brazil , v-ray or something , or just deafault scanline in max?

anyways awesome job :thumbsup: !

MoThBall
08-15-2003, 12:46 AM
No Lancer? Very Cool BTW :) LOVE WRC!!!!

TorpedoCreative
08-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Thanks guys..
yeah it took me about 6 weeks to complete.

Mora: The reason I didnt use Cult 3D was that the client couldnt afford the licence - a shame I agree, cos the advantages of cult3d are huge, unlimited rotations, scalability, hotspot interactions.. maybe in my next job??

Danial:With reards to the blueprints.. I had to work from road car blueprints for the Subaru, Skoda and Hyundai and then using photographic references modify them to the current WRC spec. The Ford was built from 2002 Blueprints and then modified with photo references. The citroen and Peugeot were the only two I had the correct blueprints.

AcOrN: I used the standard scanline renderer in Max

moThBall: No Lancer Im afraid, they arent competing in this years Telstra Rally Australia (so it was one less car I had to build)

Biowax: YER, GO SOLBERG!!!!!

---James

dimitrios_c
08-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Woo hoo, representin Oz!! Excellent work! I was begining to think that all the good Australian artists sat in a dark corner of the offices at Animal Logic (or other studio of course) and never showed their work online. Excellent modeling and texturing! :beer:

pettles
08-15-2003, 07:07 AM
excellent work :thumbsup:
your website looks fab. I'm a sucker for the peugeot anyday.

Kruvi
08-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Very nice.

But, why did you choose to add Duvals Ford Focus instead of Markko Martins ?

He not Duval is the head driver of Ford and certainly should have his ford paintjob there aswell as wallpapers :)

Screw Duval when it comes to someone from my nationality up there :D

TorpedoCreative
08-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Whoa there... RAPTOR :eek:

I Didn't mean to offend anyone by having Duvals name on the Ford. That car was chosen because the paintjob looked more intersting. I agree though, that Marko Martin is the one to watch from Ford - he's a great driver! :thumbsup:

Im a bit bias towards the Subarus tho - Go Solberg! :buttrock:

Kruvi
08-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Ehehe :)

Not that I am angry, but if you wanna show the strenght of Ford you make markko do it :D

:thumbsup:

mr.23
09-27-2004, 09:52 AM
wo! wo! go the peugeot.................................WOOOHOOOO! pitty the 307 isnt doing so well this year.. anyways i myself is modeling marcus gronholm's 206 peugeot car.. so good to be motivated by pro artist like you!

keep up the good work!

whabababa
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
I love the models and the blurr you give to it is great.. good work..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.