PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader and His Jedi Assassination Troopers

panoramacon
05-16-2002, 04:55 PM
http://www.theinternetsite.com/blackpool/The_Jedi_killers.jpg

I just wanted to saw hello and that I plan on posting here more often in the future. I have really enjoyed looking at all the great work here in these boards.

Sangotten
05-16-2002, 05:01 PM
I think we are certainly gonna enjoy your work too!
It looks really great, a bit brite but really well done!

Keep it coming!:thumbsup:

moin
05-17-2002, 04:16 PM
wow, I didn't see it was 2d first. But after taking a closer look I saw it. Great work!!!!

Fury
05-20-2002, 08:00 PM
Looks cool. just noticed it here. neat idea too. the only thing i'd say maybe is to have some sort of highlight on Vader's cape around his shoulders. that area seems awfully flat compared to the helmet (i know the helmet's plastic, but with such strong highlights on it, something should show up on the cape...)

can't wait to see more from you.....

Cockofthewok
05-20-2002, 08:56 PM
cool. is this the same one you put up on conceptart.org forum?

seantree
05-21-2002, 05:30 AM
very nice pic. i'm always up for SW related art :) BTW, did vader use mandalorian knights to wipe out the jedi?? I thought the mandalorians were already gone, thus Jango was the last and was used to make the clonetroopers. i dunno :/ great pic anyway

Joril
05-21-2002, 03:27 PM
I thought the mandalorians were already gone, thus Jango was the last and was used to make the clonetroopers
Quite right, I think I red somewhere that Boba Fett himself wasn't a real Mandalorian, he just got hold of the armor. But that was fanfic, or was it Zahn?, before EPII came out.
I think you could say that the Mandalorians had a part in the destruction of the Jedi. Thus leaving only Darth (and yoda and Obi Wan) as the only known live Jedi.
However, Darth Vader would not need troops to kill the Jedi, he was "born"/created/ressusitated after the jedi were slaughtered in the clone wars or at the ending of the Clone Wars. (sorry, no caffe´ne = blurry memory)
Or that's the way it should be, I'm not sure what changes Lucas made to the story cuz I haven't seen EPII yet.

Joril
05-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Hmm, I must correct some of my previous post.
Anakin became Darth Vader and killed the Jedi Counsel.

And I forgot to complement on the drawing.
I especially like the reflections on Vader's helmet.

I'm still on decaffe´ne though :annoyed: :insane:

panoramacon
05-27-2002, 03:19 AM
Hey, thank you all for your incouraging responses. I really apreciate it :)

Cockofthewok I never been to conceptart.org, but it does sound like a place I would like to go to. If your a member of eatpoo or sijun you might have seen it there though :)

As for the Mandalorians, well, it's not looking very good that we will be seeing them as a group on screen. The term "mandalorian" has always been an expanded universe concept and not an idea from Lucas himself. But that doesn't necessarily mean that we won't be seeing a squad of clonetroopers clad in Fett style armor (notice the Imperial symbol on the shoulder pauldron? :) ). And that idea was the inspiration for this piece. You see, Lucas is fond of re-using old ideas. Originally, the Fett costume was created for an elite unit of stormtroopers in an early draft of The Empire Strikes Back. So I figured with the Jedi purge still to come in Episode III, perhaps we will see a revised version of this original idea.

Whether they are Mandalorians or clonetroopers I just think it would be too cool to see an entire squad of these guys hunting down and killing the Jedi Knights and being lead by Darth Vader.

panoramacon
05-27-2002, 03:26 AM
Oh, by the way, I have made a newer version. Maybe you all could take a look at it and tell me which one you like better.

http://www.theinternetsite.com/blackpool/TJK.JPG

Frinsklen
05-30-2002, 08:16 AM
wow, cool, I really like it. The new one looks better to me.
got more SW images?

as Joril said before, Vader and clonetroopers in the same picture doesn't make much sense...
:curious:

Joril
05-30-2002, 12:28 PM
The glowing orange reminds me of the eveningfall in Cloud City :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.