PDA

View Full Version : how the hell does the instancer work???

Konstruct
08-14-2003, 06:18 AM
ok so I have a bunch of hills and I want to scatter particles all over them, then tell maya that the particles should look like a really simple tree model I`ve made.

Ive looked the help files up and down, plus searched this site and many others on simple instructions on how to do so. and everything already asumes that I should know how to "instance" objects into particles

do I have to use mel??? cause I`ve never used mel before, and don`t really quite understand what its for rather that giving maya special features that it doesn`t already have-

so basically what I`m asking for steps of what I need to learn to figure the bastard instancer out. Or better yet, detailed instructions on how instance my trees-
THANX!:D

BTW, I`m a newbie to dynamics:blush:

daniloxl
08-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Here's the procedure:
Open Dynamics menu and under Particles choose Particle instancer tool...
Select the object you want to instance and click on "Add Selection" button...after that from the pull down menu called "Particle Object To Instance" choose your particle shape and click Create or Apply...
That's it...very simple procedure...
Now it's up to you to experiment a bit more with creation options...
Good luck

Konstruct
08-14-2003, 10:15 PM
WOW, thans alot, that was really simple. I wonder y I couldn`t find that anywhere.

anyhoo, thanks:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.