PDA

View Full Version : actor / CG Object Interaction

stjoe85
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi,

im a newbie to this, so I'm happy about any information how to start with such a task :)

The problem is, there is an actor who should act with a laptop-like object which is placed on a table infront of him. The movements this object can do are a bit more complex then just flipping the lid up and down. The Object doesnt exist and should be inserted into the footage later as a CG Object.

So, how do I get started? I have Maya and PFTrack to use.

1. which information do i have to track or collect during the shoot?
2. should i use an object (sadly the object, which i intend to insert later can't be build as a prop) or just nothing? The aim is to make the interaction between actor and object look realistic. So he really has to grab and twist and turn it.
3. are there books or something anyone can recommend, that can help me getting into the subject?

maybe we could start a discussion about general techniques how to make actor/CG Interaction look authentic.

thanx for ur help ;)

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.