PDA

View Full Version : Image Based Modeling (photogrammetry)

Villijs
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM
UPDATED!!

Hey guys! :)
I`m working now on project that requires image based modeling for about 20x8m Wall with windows and some air pipes, electrical boxes and so on. I still have some problems, so after google-ing all night, i now finally turn to you guys, in hope to get some advice.

Problem is this - i have photos shot at location, that i now want to model. At first i tried to use Autodesk ImageModeler, but it doesn`t provide tools to model complex geometry, as well it doesn`t provide precise calculations. So i came across PhotoModeler, which is really complex tool.

I managed to calibrate my cameras, add basic reference points and export it to maya, BUT, since i have pretty wide angle lens, there is singificant distrotion, image planes in maya doesn`t match locators.

Is there a way how to accurately get undistorted images out from photomodeler to use them in maya!?

Additional, what is your experiance and approach to image based modelling?!

Thanks in advance! :)

Villijs
10-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Came on guys! I don`t believe that none of you guys have used image based modeling... Please HELP!!! :sad:

Villijs
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyone!? Please! :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.