PDA

View Full Version : My first environment reel

DmitriB
10-20-2009, 07:50 AM
My reel after one year at BCIT's Digital Animation Program. Overall took me about 6 months to make, as I was learning and working on it at the same time.
Please post comments, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxyDyldcC4

Thank you!
-Dmitri

kiittea
10-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Really good ... modelling and texturing there...I think you could have played more with lighting. Nevertheless nice work. Only thing I want to mention is its a bit lengthy two and half minutes is quite a long time. Good luck with job hunt mate

borisignjatovic
10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Good job man. Really awesome enviroment. That can go straight into game. I agree with kiittea. I think that the lightening should be better, only because the overall feeling of the demo. Really nice textures.

One more thing. Also I think that its a bit too long.

bloodframe
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Nice enviroment :) I like the horror/post-war feeling about it.
You could defenitely improve your camera work(animation). The moment where it goes down the stairs and switches back really doesn't make sense to me, and the movement is a bit stiff at times. As others said a bit long, but considering the amount of work You show...
1 suggestion... :) you could make the camera if it's a 1st person, a man running and constantly turning back as if something is chasing him. That would certainly contribute to the horror element and in the end you could show best angles with wireframes to show additional views of your work. This may be hard if you're not very good with animation, but just an idea :)
Good work on modeling and textures.

alexpdennis
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
great stuff here brotha! the texturing is really nice, that opening shoit is wonderful. I also really like the subtle dust particles around the lights in the interior. keep it up!

DmitriB
10-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Thank you all for your feedback!
I agree about the camera movements, bloodframe.
Yes guys, lighting needs to be worked on more :)
I learned a lot during past year, my next project should be an improvement
/Dmitri

OutOfInspiration
11-07-2009, 10:51 AM
nice, must took you a life time for making this :)

i really like the beginning but the trees look a bit strange.

Indeed same opnion as the others, puttings some more particles here and there would put more mood into it

And some camera movements are not smooth enough.

but it's really nice :) which i had allready made stuff like that.

Gazzamataz
11-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Excellent work m8 and I really liked the little bit where the camera zooms into the book for the credits at the end - nice touch!

My only immediate criticism is the camera movement and those trees at the start look as though they have been pressed in a book.

Is this really the level that game environments are out now? Man, I am getting really outta touch…

simyevil2010
11-08-2009, 08:20 AM
really very nice work i like it the detalis & textures , but hes need more work 2 movie o k

good luck 4 ever :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2009, 08:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.