PDA

View Full Version : Is turbosquid worth it?

kabo0m
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Do you think turbosquid is worth it? Do you think they are doing enough to promote your work? Is there a trend for free models?

Keeping in mind that TS takes 50% plus there many free models that are nearly as nice as the ones that are $300. In the end who wins.

hypnocookie
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Interesting topic. I have a few modells there myself but they sell very little.

One thing that is not good about TS is them trying to stop their sellers from selling models else where, it should not be alowed.

redcobra
10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Turbosquid has tons of free models...really good ones not the low poly cheap ones...Although i never download any, since i usually like to model myself without the aid of TS..

kabo0m
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I have mixed feelings about TS. It is bad enough that TS takes 50% then the IRS gets a share and to make matters worst I am Canadian so there is also GST to think about. That leaves me a few crumbs. What is even more alarming is that the top sellers on TS are selling textures and photoshop brushes which are far easier to make than a 3D model.

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.