PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Body Control

artcross
10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I want to have a bunch of 3d letters to fall from the sky then bounce around realistically. That part is easy enough, but after they're done bouncing, I want them to settle in a predefined position. So basically, I want the randomness of the fall and bounce physics, but I want to be able to control how each of the letters settle to a rest. Is this possible? thanks!

arkangel-fx
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
If you set keys for a rigid body, maya will create like a "blend" node for that rigid. There you can key its value and see what happens.
Other way would be baking you simulation to keys, then manually animating you letters to the desired position.

stooch
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
If you set keys for a rigid body, maya will create like a "blend" node for that rigid. There you can key its value and see what happens.
Other way would be baking you simulation to keys, then manually animating you letters to the desired position.

use maya animation layers, works awesome with baked simulations and is easy to go back if you mess it up.

artcross
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
thanks for the suggestion! seems like it could work, i'll give it a go

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.