PDA

View Full Version : mentalRay file saving time

ynvamsi
10-19-2009, 07:14 AM
i rigged a character...the scene file size is --2 mb,
after adding mentalray materials,pysical sun&sky and renderlayers,it file size has increased to around 7 mb and the file is taking too much time for saving. any body has experienced the same problem? need advise on this problem.thanQ.my main problem is file saving time..

i removed all mentalray materials,pysical sun&sky and renderlayers...tried again to save the file....still it is taking too much time and the file size remains same...

javierfelipe
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
i rigged a character...the scene file size is --2 mb,
after adding mentalray materials,pysical sun&sky and renderlayers,it file size has increased to around 7 mb and the file is taking too much time for saving. any body has experienced the same problem? need advise on this problem.thanQ.my main problem is file saving time..

i removed all mentalray materials,pysical sun&sky and renderlayers...tried again to save the file....still it is taking too much time and the file size remains same...

We were having the same problems here at the studio. We found out that it was due to multiple light links created by maya in the file. We had all our lights working as default lights with no specific links to any of the objects. We never created those nodes or links.

Try this script in the mel script editor:

{
string $destinations[] = `connectionInfo -dfs hyperGraphLayout.msg`;
string $dst;
for ( $dst in $destinations ) {
disconnectAttr hyperGraphLayout.msg $dst;
}
$destinations = `connectionInfo -dfs defaultLightSet.msg`;
for ( $dst in $destinations ) {
disconnectAttr defaultLightSet.msg $dst;
}
}

it will take some minutes to run but at the end you will be able to save you scene in no time. At the end instead of 35 minutes we saved the same file in 2.
This worked for us here. I hope it does it for you too.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.