PDA

View Full Version : QOTRM: Post here if you are tempted to join the challenge (10/18)

RobertoOrtiz
10-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi to all,
This is a thread for those who have been following the Queen of the Rocket Men mini challenge and for some reason might think it is too late to join.

It is definitely not, after all the dateline for the project is
Monday December 2 12:00 PM
So if you have any question about joining the mini-challenge, individually or as part of a group
please post them here.

So I am looking forwad to your questions.

-Roberto

OwenEgan
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I am very, very, VERY tempted to join.

There are some problems though.

1. I know SFA about particles, effects or animation. I'm mostly a modeler.
2. My main rig is dead and I am currently using a celeron 180 with 256Mb of RAM and an Intel graphics chip. So I can't even render my trooper without it crashing.
3. I'm moving in 4 days and will have to start searching for a job when I land.

Even with all that, I'm not rulling myself out though! I'll see what my situation is in a week and will take part if I can.

feldy
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM
So am I. I'm trying to talk a few in the office to help out if they dont then I'm in for a single shot entry.

Tranimatronic
10-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Im very tempted too - I love the theme of this challenge - I have character ideas, shot ideas - my main problem is that I just don't have time.

What I have been doing is trying to complete a challenge at my own pace. Im currently about 25% of my way through the Steampunk Myths and legends one. Life keeps getting in the way of the project, but I DO intend to complete it....

So now I have a second one to attempt once that is done ;)

It would be a whole lot easier if you guys stopped coming up with such compelling challenges !!

ragupasta
10-19-2009, 10:17 AM
To be honest these fxwars that are more like "Short Films", are too big for me. However Im not saddened, as some of the work produced is absolutley top notch! :beer:

RobertoOrtiz
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
To be honest these fxwars that are more like "Short Films", are too big for me. However Im not saddened, as some of the work produced is absolutley top notch! :beer:

Well that is not quite true...
You could do just one shot, maybe of an exploding airship or a cool straffing run of a plane...

You decide how long the shot should be.

-R

LeeCheaHong
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
i would like to know how to join this challenge

hope to hear from you soon.

thanks

TerryTrefry
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Ragupasta. This is just another way to spread your Houdini wings a little farther.
I am thinking about using Houdini for some of my effects work on this and you are light years ahead of me with Houdini.

RobertoOrtiz
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Well to all who just joined...
Welcome to the fold!

And to all still on the fence, there is still time to join.

-R

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.