PDA

View Full Version : unloading unused plugins

01-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Is it possible to unload unused plugins from a *.max scene file ? I got a scene from a friend and he used a plugin that I don`t have, so now I can`t render that scene because my servers report a missing plugin dll error. According to him, the plugin isn`t actively doing something in the scene so it`s not needed - but I can`t find a way to unload it. any ideas ?

Iain McFadzen
01-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Sometimes removing all traces of the plugin will do it (like delete any modifiers, materials, render effects etc etc etc), but not always. I am assuming you have tried that without success, so the only other thing I can suggest is opening a new file and merging everything from the offending file into it. If you do this and you still get a missing dll error then there is something in the scene which is still looking for the plugin.

Chris
01-15-2002, 08:50 PM
A few plugins leave nodes in trackview even when everything else has been seemingly removed. You can use maxscript to get rid of them, but you probably need the plugins Maxscript reference to find the relevant node names...

if its the finalRender plugin, use:
deleteTrackViewNode trackViewNodes.finalRender

sorry, thats the only one I know off hand, but you could attempt:
deleteTrackViewNode trackViewNodes.pluginname

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.