PDA

View Full Version : Which Way To Go.....

burndeezle
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Someone out there please give me some advice as to which way to go. I can't decide between studying Visual Effects/Motion Graphics or Game Art/Design. Do you prefer one over the other for a particular reason? I'm driving myself nuts not knowing which will be the better decision. One thing is for sure, I don't want to be laid off in the future so if you have any perspective on how that applies here let me know!!!

Meloncov
10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
If you work in the entertainment industry, you will be laid of repeatedly over the course of your career. That's part of the field. With luck, you won't have too much trouble finding a new job afterwords, but being laid off is inevitable.

And there isn't a universal "better" decision. It comes down to what you want to do, and, to a lesser degree, which program is stronger at the institution you'll be attending.

burndeezle
10-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the reality check! I guess I better come up with a new way to get rich in this industry so being out of work won't bother me so much. I will do as you suggest and go the direction my gut is telling me. I believe I can be especialy creative with Visual Effects & Motion Graphics.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2009, 12:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.