PDA

View Full Version : How To Fill In A Nurbs Circle?

damage inc
10-17-2009, 04:33 AM
I have two nurbs circles that I lofted to make a cylinder-like object. I want to close off or fill in one end of the object. How do I do that? I'm not a modeler so I may need more info if it requires a complicated procedure.

Thanks.

FirechameleoN
10-17-2009, 06:15 AM
in maya. u can select a circle and do surfaces>planar... for this, the circle needs to be perfectly flat though...... if that doesn't work, try cutting that circle into two pieces and then loft them....

damage inc
10-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Thank Fire. I used surfaces->planar for some of them and it worked. I also need to do it for ones that are curved though. How do I cut those circles in half without ruining the shape?

FirechameleoN
10-17-2009, 08:41 AM
i haven't done nurbs modelling in quite a while, but i think there are a few tool that'll help u cut curves. i can think of two right now..

edit curves> detach curve and edit curve> cut curve.

hope that helps..

edit...

page 1 tells u about detach curve and page 2 tells u about cut curve..

http://www.awn.com/articles/tutorials/imaya-2008-character-modeling-and-animationi-nurbs-curve-editing/page/1%2C1

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2009, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.