PDA

View Full Version : Information on Storyboarding Previsualization

ThornhillJ
10-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forums here. I am currently a student attending a 3d Animation Production program in Canada.

I have basically decided that I would love to be in story concept or previsualization, however, I am unsure how to gain more knowledge in these areas.

I have been to film school and know a lot about story development, shots, cinematography and so forth, I have some books published and am lucky enough to have a screenplay optioned, but I would really like to take my story's to the next step through previs and storyboarding.

I have only been able to find little information in these areas. Any help would be great.

Jeremy

forsakendreams
10-16-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Directing-Story-Professional-Storytelling-Storyboarding/dp/0240810767/

not sure how much technical information there is about storyboarding i this book but I'll let you know since I have it at home and planned to start reading it tonight

ThornhillJ
10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks man. Haven't seen this one yet. Only one I have seen and know is semi useful is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Storyboarding-Design-Exploration-Tumminello/dp/1401827152/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255790348&sr=1-1

But it is mainly Photoshop style story boarding.

Is this the way the industry is going? Or is it more the choice of the artist rather than the studios/directors?

I heard a lot about previsualization being done in Motion Builder because of the speed at which someone can work.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up about the book, let me know how it turns out?

Midgardsormr
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I enjoyed Mark Simon's Storyboads: Motion in Art. I don't aspire to be a storyboard artist, by any means, but I still found it to be a valuable book, and an engaging read. It covers practical technique, industry expectations and marketing, among other things; a very well-rounded text.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.